Effective Date: 10.01.2022
Who are we?
- Company name: Uncover Skincare Ltd
- Country of incorporation: Republic of Kenya
- Registered number: PVT-27U86MG
- PIN number: P051920227Z
What is a Privacy Statement?
This Privacy Statement tells you how we deal with your “personal data” (i.e. technical term for information about any identified or identifiable living person). Please read on to find out what kinds of personal data we collect, how we use and protect it, who we share it with, how long we keep it for and how you can access and rectify it.
Please do not use our website unless you are completely happy with this Privacy Statement. Continued access and use of the website is subject to your acceptance of this Privacy Statement.
For more information about our privacy practices, if you have questions, or if you would like to make a complaint, please contact us by e-mail at email@example.com.
Will the Privacy Statement change?
Whenever we update our Privacy Statement, we will alert you via email and a notice will be posted on your account. Please take the opportunity to re-read it. Continued access and use of the website after the effective date of the revised Privacy Statement will be taken as agreement with the revised terms..
What personal or other data do we collect?
We collect and store the information which you give us via forms on our website – such as your name, IP address, email address, phone number(“contact data“) – or when communicating with us by email, or in some other way.
We collect your bank account and payment card details (payment information) in order to process payments and refunds.
We also collect, use and share pixel/cookies data (including but not limited to HTTP headers, pixel-specific data, button click data, optional values and form field names) and, if already provided to us, contact data, in order to communicate with existing customers and prospective customers who have visited our website but not yet signed up.
We also collect the following categories of data:
- “transaction data” which may include your payment information and other details of products you have purchased from our website;
- “usage data” which may include information about how you use our website, and products; and
- “marketing and communications data” which may include your preferences in receiving marketing communications/ advertisements from us and third parties, and your communication preferences.
Where you do not provide personal data when requested, we may not be able to perform the contract we have or are trying to enter into with you for provision of goods that you have purchased on the website, and we may have to cancel the contract. We will however notify you whenever we are unable to provide the goods for this reason.
How do we use your personal data?
We use “contact data” to provide our services: e.g. send service messages or direct mail, communicate to you about your account/orders and to fulfil orders. We may from time to time include gifts, free samples and other promotional material that we think may be of interest to you.
If you agreed to receive marketing communications when creating your account, we may, solely for marketing purposes, use your ” contact data ” to send you marketing emails, mails, calls, WhatsApp or SMS with details of our, or third party goods or services which may be of interest to you, including information about special offers or promotions. Such marketing communications will always include a mechanism to enable you to opt-out of receiving similar future communications.
We use ” payment information ” to process payments and refunds.
We may use information we collect to recommend skincare products to you and to improve our service for you and other customers.
We will only retain your personal information for as long as is reasonably necessary for the purposes outlined above and delete personal data as soon as the purpose for collection no longer applies and legal retention periods do not preclude deletion. To determine the appropriate retention period for personal data, we consider the following factors:
- the purposes for which we process your personal data; and
- whether we can achieve those purposes through other means, and the applicable legal requirements.
Once the purpose for which your personal data was collected has been fulfilled, we may anonymise the data to ensure that is not capable of identifying you and use the anonymised for, among others, research and development purposes and other business purposes resulting in financial gain. For the avoidance of doubt, anonymised data shall not be considered as personal data
To whom do we disclose personal data?
We may allow access to your personal data by third parties who supply us with services essential to our provision of services to you. Examples include IT service providers (to host, manage and service our website), website hosts, content delivery networks and businesses which assist us in undertaking communications, monitoring, testing or improving our website.
We may share your payment information (including your email address) with banks and payment service providers such as iPay Africa & Flutterwave (our payment gateway and providers) in order to process the payments of your orders and any potential refund.
Your personal data may be supplied by our payment partners to relevant third parties including credit reference and fraud prevention agencies in accordance with the applicable laws, who may keep a record of that information.
We may disclose personal data so far as reasonably necessary to protect ours and others’ rights, to comply with applicable laws and regulations, to respond to search warrants or other lawful requests for information, or if we are required to do so by law or appropriate authority.
Please note that we do not alter our data collection and use practices when we see a “Do Not Track” signal from your browser.
How do we transfer your personal information?
We may transfer your personal information outside Kenya for processing where the transfer is necessary for the optimal use and functioning of the website and the transfer is for your benefit. Where the information is being transferred, we will ensure a similar degree of protection is afforded to it by ensuring that the relevant safeguards are implemented as required by Kenyan laws.
By accepting our terms and conditions of use and this Privacy Statement, you are deemed to have consented to this transfer of your personal data.
Please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org if you would like further information on how we may transfer personal data outside Kenya.
How to control your information?
You have the right, subject to the applicable laws and in certain circumstances, to:
- Request correction of your personal information if it is incomplete or inaccurate. You can easily correct/change your personal/contact information on the “My Details” page by logging in to your account on our website.
- Request access to your personal information.
- Request erasure of your personal information, that is, you can ask us to delete or remove personal information where there is no good reason for us continuing to process it. Please note we may not be able to comply with your request of erasure for specific legal reasons which will be notified to you, if applicable, at the time of your request.
- Object to processing of your personal information if you have reasonable grounds to believe that it impacts on your fundamental rights and freedoms. We may have compelling legitimate grounds to process your information which override your rights and freedoms.
- Request restriction of processing of your personal information If you want us to establish the data’s accuracy; where you need us to hold the data even if we no longer require it as you need it to establish, exercise or defend legal claims; and you have objected to our use of your data but we need to verify whether we have overriding legitimate grounds to use it.
- Withdraw consent at any time where we are relying on consent to process your personal data. Please note this will not affect the lawfulness of any processing carried out before you withdraw your consent. If you withdraw your consent, we may not be able to provide certain products or services to you.
- Opt out of marketing communications at any time. Where you opt out of receiving these marketing communications, this will not apply to personal data provided to us as a result of a product/service purchase, warranty registration or other transactions.
Dealing with third-party links
- provide you with the service you have requested by for example, keeping you logged in during your visit, identifying your preferences and subscriptions such as saved items and items stored in your basket, communicate using our chat bot;
- send or show commercial/advertising messages most relevant to your interests; and
- recognise and count the number of visitors and their activities on the site. This enables us to improve the site, and analyse and improve your experience.
By using and further navigating the website, you consent to cookies being stored to your device for the following purposes: keeping you logged in, advertising, managing parental controls, and analytics. These cookies are essential to the operation of the site.